Friday, June 29, 2012

An important test or exam


My case, the PSU.
Maybe is not a really important test, and certainly isn’t a good tool for a university selection method because it take aspect related to memorizing things and not to the real vocation of the people.
To contextualize, I do the test in two times, separated by one year (2008 and 2009). The first time that I do the test in the 2008… I got bad results (I want to study geography and my score was 20 points below the limit).
The first result was bad, because of my school… in my school the people are formed to be more human (I don’t know how to make a better example) and thinking people, in contra – part with many other schools that their form students to have a good result in the test; the pondered score of my generation was about 490 and 570 points.  
To the second opportunity I take classes on a pre – university institute and I prepared the test during the whole year on a really intensive course (maybe more intensive than the university, whit classes by Monday to Friday (at the 8:00am to 15:00pm) and with simulated test all the Saturdays. The result was satisfactory (56 points up to the limit) and in the 2010 I entered to study my actual career in the university.
I remember that thing because it was my more recently (really important) exam that I do, and because it represents a wall and an initial point of an important part of my life.

4 comments:

  1. Clearly, the PSU is not the best test to enter University, but unfortunately we had to do and memorize a lot of things that perhaps we never will serve.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too
    this is the more important test

    ReplyDelete